Another book on reaching your goals and developing good habits that was cheap on Kindle. A good introduction to the topic but didn't really say anything new. The 18 minutes of the title are:
5 minutes scheduling your to-do list into your calendar every morning; setting an alarm to go off every hour throughout the day and spending one minute re-focusing and reviewing whether what you are doing is moving you forward; and then 5 minutes at the end of the day in an evening ritual which involves asking yourself three question - how did the day go?; what did I learn?; who did I interact with?
The basic premise of the book can be boiled down to the following:
- Vision - know what you want to do, cultivate your passion or one thing
- Plan - decide when and where you are going to do things
- Focus - avoid distractions
- Rituals - set up systems to help you get things done
- Motion - getting started is the hardest part so start small
- Environment - manipulate your daily cues to help you develop habits
- Review - deliberate feedback is essential to success.
Overall a useful book which reinforces the messages of success.